Help Wanted. Filling Out Applications.
WHERE TO LOOK
– Look beyond newspaper ads!
– Take time to visit different areas and look for NOW HIRING signs in retail and service spots!
– Need to check community Web pages for community/local positions
– Check Craigslist and other “free advertisement” websites
WHAT TO DO DURING APPLICATION PROCESS
– Greet the initial person politely and ask to fill out an application
– Bring your resume with you
– Take your references and employment history (with dates), skill’s information, & education information with you to your potential application sites in a binder
– Apply for a specific position as opposed to writing “open to anything”
– List your most recent job/education first
– Fill it out patiently and neatly, with no errors or spelling mistakes!
– Don’t leave anything blank! Write “does not apply” or “N/A” (not applicable) if the question doesn’t pertain to you & FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!
– Be honest! The employer can come back and hold anything dishonest against you which can lead to you not getting the job
– Take your own pen! It will make you look more professional!
– Double check every section of the application
– Speak with a manager when you hand in your application. You can make your first impression a good one right away. If you’re lucky, you can even get an interview scheduled. Remain positive and personable.
– Do a follow-up with any application you turn in. Let the employer know that you are interested in the job and that you are persistent enough to follow through with the application.
Comments are closed.