No matter your job title, you’re the team leader when it comes to your career, your future. You’ve worked hard to get where you are.
Now, more than ever, organizations need your dedication and wisdom to survive and grow during and after COVID-19. And you need someone on your side to connect the value you offer with companies who are hiring now. That’s what career professionals like a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) can do.
Years ago, career professionals moved far beyond just writing résumés, as important as that skill continues to be. We, CPRWs, recognized that…
You deserve more than a stale résumé Word Doc template.
You deserve access to all the tools required to win the career you’ve always deserved.
You need an expert on your team.
But, how do you find that best professional…based on your needs, your preferences, your lifestyle? The suggestions you’re about to read come from more than a century of combined and tested wisdom.
To get started, you’ll need to determine your needs and select the right job search partner.
Then, we can help you land the job you want and deserve.
First, Determine Your Job Search Needs!
- Job or dream job? A job brings the security of a salary and benefits, the comfort of predictability. If you’re unemployed, that may fit the bill perfectly. A dream job brings all the benefits of a job but can add a higher salary, confidence in the position, and more gratifying experience. Certified Professional Resume Writers will help you find a job faster. They also help find the right job for you—and help the hiring manager find you! Having a professional by your side will allow you to be more confident and capable in your goals.
- Your career direction? Companies hire a collection of knowledge, skills, abilities, and passions, all abbreviated by a job title. You won’t make headway if your job search isn’t centered on your job title, your exact role, and what you can provide to companies hiring. That’s where a CPRW steps in. However, if you know your ideal title and how it fits into an organization, it will power your job search with greater success.
- Skill sets? Your job search calls for a set of skills. Employers and we want you to communicate your value clearly, powerfully. Said another way, we want you comfortable living your brand. Practical sides of leveraging your personal brand include finding the real hiring decision-maker and mastering the outreach, including new approaches to applications.
- Job search documents that get results? Let others endlessly tinker with formats and “keywords.” Your résumé must prove you will make companies more money than it takes to hire and retain you. Your résumé should entice companies hiring to ask you questions you both want to explore. Your résumé should be a lever to negotiate your compensation, even during huge swings in unemployment. The cover letter is the perfect complement. It proves you understand the interviewers’ problems, shows how you think, and keeps conversations going.
Now, Pick the Right Job Search Partner for YOU:
The right job search partner can help you determine the attributes that provide better alignment to your potential employer. You should ask and explore these topics when considering who to help in your job search endeavor…
- Certified Professional? Professionalism and certification go hand in hand. Do more than ask which certifications someone holds. Find out how competitive their credentials are and which skills they validated by professionals.
- Member of Career Professional Associations? Membership in professional organizations is a must. Career professionals rely on vibrant communities to help us master the latest information and trends. Ask which organizations your potential team member is part of. How long has he or she been a member? What do they contribute or learn from the community?
- Find proofs of excellence. Career professionals must have excellent LinkedIn They should be able to tell you why theirs looks the way it does and how yours can be at the same level. The top career professionals post regularly. They write articles. You’ll find examples of their works in published collections of the best.
- Know the return on your investment. Employers don’t “buy” your skills. They invest in you. The same is true for career professionals. How will your investment with them benefit you? Better pay or faster hiring is very often part of that. Think of the difference between doing what you’re doing now and what you can achieve. The satisfaction of more significant contributions in settings that allow you to thrive…that new future is a wonderful payoff beyond price!
Whomever you choose, please don’t leave your future in the hands of the untrained. Without a professional on your side, finding a job or career can be a lonely, frustrating, and costly journey.
And think about who you can turn to for help. You can’t very well confide in your boss, your associates, or your customers. Friends and family care about you. All are well-intentioned. But they don’t share your background, skills, needs, and goals. They haven’t seen you solving problems at work. You can’t expect them to spend all their time mastering the world of work as we career pros must do every day.
Of all the skills and value career professionals bring, earning your trust to be your career confidant is most important. Working together, we can move your life and the lives of your families, forward to better things for years to come.
Just remember, “If you want to go fast, go alone. But if you want to go far, go together.”
Have you considered using a job search partner on your job hunt?👇👇👇
Comment here to leave some thoughts!
💰PS – I want you to know that referrals from satisfied clients are the lifeblood of my business, so I greatly appreciate anyone you send my way. As a bonus, for any referrals you send that purchase services from me, I will send you $25 for each! Thanks again for your continued support!
Thank you for reading! Please visit www.jobstickers.com to keep up with all of MJW Careers’ content, and visit www.mjwcareers.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org (or call 855-YES-EMPLOYEES) to learn more about our resume writing, interview training, career coaching, or outplacement services and solutions.
Also please subscribe to our monthly Jobstickers newsletter to stay up today on job hunting industry trends, resume and social media profile and networking techniques, recruiter insights, promotions, discounts, and freebies: https://mjwcareers.com/newsletter-signup.