Check out our President, Matt Warzel, on Brad Minton’s Your Career GPS Podcast
🚀 I had the awesome opportunity to speak with Brad Minton on his weekly podcast a couple of months ago! It was titled “Ep. 87 Dodging Traffic: Job Search Workarounds (Special Guest Matt Warzel).”
From the post:
In this episode, Brad sits down with Matt Warzel Founder of MJW Careers LLC to talk about how to cut through the fluff and be more effective in delivering your message to hiring teams. Key highlights from this episode include:
1. From the perspective of a former recruiter, Matt has mentioned seeing that disconnect between what job seekers do and what recruiters want and shares what some of the biggest are
2. Students and recent grads have a challenging time communicating their value in their resumes, when they lack work experience, he breaks down what is the best approach
3. Matt talks about how the generalist approach can’t work for the majority of job seekers.
4. We hear so much of the time investment of a job search. He discusses where should young job seekers spend their time to ensure it doesn’t become a full-time job.
5. Matt talks about what are some of the best tools/technology that he’s discovered that can help job seekers get closer to landing their roles without sacrificing quality
6. With so much talk lately about ChatGPT used to hack certain elements of the job search, but there are cautions as well that Matt discusses along with appropriate uses.
7. He discusses what is the best piece of career advice that he could pass along to this next generation
Guest Info: Matthew Warzel, CPRW is a certified resume-writing expert with over 15 years in Human Resources and career advancement techniques. He manages MJW Careers and provides assistance to companies in transition from downsizes to buyouts as well as individual job seekers needing to advance their careers. Matt has a long history working in Human Resources and on recruitment/staffing teams across a variety of industries. He fashions a resume that allows employers to review the applicant’s assets while highlighting his or her accomplishments, showcasing impacts on the employer’s bottom lines using quantitative verbiage, and maintaining brevity. He has been featured in media and publications that include Forbes, Money, AARP, SHRM, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Australia, Yahoo! UK, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Life, Yahoo! Sports, AOL, Glassdoor, The Ladders, Monster, Fatherly, Dollar Sprout, The Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, LongIslandWeekly, Suffolk News Herald, MSN Money, Healthline, FairyGodBoss, CourseHero, HR C-Suite, Medium, KTVN Reno, WICZ-TV Fox 40, The Star-News, North Carolina Latino News, MySanAntonio.com, The Beaumont Enterprise, The Daily Courier, MilitaryHire.com, TAOnline.com, Patch, Upjourney, HigherEdJobs, CareerAddict, Career Sherpa, Tribune Content, The Network Journal, The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, College Recruiter, Talent Egg, Taffeta and Deseret News National among others.
And a couple of nice shoutouts from Brad on social:
Drop a comment here and join the conversation!
#podcastinterview #careerpodcast #careeradvice #careercoaching #resumetips #jobstickers #ununemployed #thepragmaticresume
💰PS – I want you to know that referrals from satisfied clients are the lifeblood of my business, so I greatly appreciate anyone you send my way. As a bonus, for any referrals you send that purchase services from me, I will send you $25 for each! Thanks again for your continued support!
📰 PPS – Also please subscribe to our monthly Jobstickers newsletter (https://mjwcareers.com/newsletter-signup), Spotify Podcast (https://open.spotify.com/show/4BdzyZsOtgbEtNRTRgbTLi) and Facebook Live group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/455474262138280) to stay up to date on job hunting industry trends, resume and social media profile and networking techniques, recruiter insights, promotions, discounts, and freebies.
✅ PPPS – follow the hashtags #Jobstickers, #ThePragmaticResume & #UnUnEmployed on LinkedIn for other daily insights that can help you in your career or job search!
💻 PPPPS – Thank you for reading! Please visit www.jobstickers.com to keep up with all of MJW Careers’ content, and visit www.mjwcareers.com or email email@example.com (or call 855-YES-EMPLOYEES) to learn more about our resume writing, interview training, career coaching, or outplacement services and solutions.